Monday, March 24, 2014

Re-Initiating "Drop It Like It's Hot"

The other night I was talking with my dad and somehow daily goals came up in conversation.  He asked me if I set daily goals my response was that if my kids were alive, fed, dishes done, I'd spent time with the kids, and they were in clean pajamas for bed, it was a successful day.  (And I'm sure a lot of mothers out there would agree with me.)

Now that Adam is working nights and weekends, I spend a lot of time solo parenting and trying to keep up homestead.  By the time the kids are in bed, I'm exhausted from getting up at 4:XX in the morning (and of course after being up at least once with the kids) and I just want to fall into a deep slumber after I catch up with the Hubs for a few minutes.

But since that conversation, I've been trying to think of ways to fit some daily goals in and I'd really like to be able to focus them towards eating better and losing weight.  I'll be honest and admit that I've done jack with my New Year's resolution to lose weight and I've been motivated to read how Melissa at Completely Eclipsed has had success lately.  So I decided to re-initiate my "Drop it Like it's Hot" weekly weigh-in to help me follow through on my daily goals.

To keep me motivated, I started with a list of reasons why I wanted to lose weight.  Some of them are selfish, but whatever.  It's still a reason.  And in no particular order, here they are:

To fit better in my clothes. (And hell, drop a size or two or five.). To be more confident.  To be by own Ana (Fifty Shades of Grey, anyone?).  To have more energy. To actually put myself first sometimes.  To feel sexy. To stop feeling negative about myself.  To improve my health.  Three words: summer is coming.  To feel more comfortable in a bathing suit. And maybe eventually comfortable enough to wear a two piece bathing suit.  To stop comparing myself to others all. the. time.  To be excited to get dressed again.  To want to be in pictures.  And like said picture.  

(I should clarify that I'm not negative about myself all the time, just sometimes every girl needs a pick me up.)

I'm ready.  Spring is (hopefully) coming and I can start getting outside more with the kids to get a workout in while they burn off some energy.  But I'm hoping I can follow through with this and plan on posting weekly updates to stay accountable.  So here's my "before" picture and to Day 1.  (I'll apologize now for the hot mess look...)


If you are also trying to lose weight or get fit, join me and we can motivate each other.  Or if you have recently done so, do you have any tips to offer up?  

2 comments:

  1. Girl you can totally do this. Feel free to shoot me an email whenever you want. We can be e-weight loss buddies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I appreciate the support. I need to stop making excuses and just do it!

      Delete