Monday, March 31, 2014

Drop It Like It's Hot: Week 1

I made it through my first week and am still here to tell about it!  I am happy with my 1.4 pound loss for the first week.  I am sure I could have done better (ahem, weekends are tough) but I am happy to have lost more than a pound with no real form of exercise. 
Some things that I noticed: 
·         I snack when I’m bored.  (Especially on the weekends.)
·         I need more healthy snacks.
·         I need to start exercising.
 
But now we are into a new week and it’s time to incorporate those things in.  I cut up some vegetables for the week and stocked up on fruit.  I plan to make a low-fat dip tonight for the veggies so I eat more of them.  (Typically I get most of my vegetables in a salad, but with the craziness of our schedule, I don’t want to count solely on dinner to get them in.)  My biggest task at hand is to try and get some sort of exercise in during the week.  There is still a foot of snow on the ground outside, but I’m hoping that I can trade in my 4:30 / 4:45 alarm for snow travel for an alarm to get 20 minutes in on the treadmill.  Ideally I’d like to work out later in the day, but I don’t have a way to entertain Alec while doing so… Or maybe I can get both kids to do 30 Day Shred with me and tire them out until we can play in the yard?
I’ve set myself some goals for the next 50 pounds and I’ll touch upon the list next week.  I made them in five pound increments in hopes that it will keep me motivated and focused.  I’m also focusing ahead to the TWO family weddings we have later this year and I would like to be a few pounds lighter for.  And again, bathing suit season is almost upon us (well, three more months at the earliest for the north country) and I’d like to feel comfortable in my tankini! 
So, how is everyone else doing on their diet plans this week?  I'd love to hear from you and/or have you share a link to your most recent post!
 
Weight loss this week: -1.4 pounds

Weight loss to date:  -1.4 pounds
Weight left to lose:  48.6 pounds
 
First Goal:  5 pounds
·         Reward:  5 new songs from iTunes
 
Remaining Goals:  Every 5 pounds – I’ll talk about them more next week!
 
Final Goal:  50 pounds
·         Reward:  Head-to-Toe new outfit!
 
Success:  I had a loss this week.  Baby steps for the success. 
 
Set-Backs:  I need to control eating from boredom.
 
Exercise:  My goal is to start working it in this week…

1 comment:

  1. Weekends are so tough. At work I pack my lunch/snacks but at home I won't think twice to just grab something quick. I should start packing my food for home too! Congrats on your loss! Bit by bit it comes off.

    ReplyDelete